List of favorite games

Skully

List of favorite games

Post by Skully » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Just a short list of games I like and think others could enjoy!

Feel free to add your own list. :)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
--- Nintendo Switch
--- RPG, Open World, Fantasy
If you ever played any Zelda game and liked it, then this is a must have! It plays nice, it feels nice and it has a lot of potential to put in a bunch of time!
If you have the Switch but not the game: Definitely check it out.

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
--- Multiple platform, but I recommend PC
--- RPG, Open World, Fantasy
In itself the game offers a lot of content but I wouldn't put it on my list, if it weren't for the BAZILLION of mods for this game. The Modding community took this game from a 6 to 7-ish to an 11. With over 600 hours of game time, I can only recommend it on PC though. Modding is wonky, frustrating and you probably spend 3 hours of searching, downloading, installing, reinstalling, rearrangeing over a hundred mods, trying to get them to work and then play for somewhat of 2 hours. But it's a rush when it finally works and you have the ability to play in your very own version this game!

NieR: Automata
--- PC, Playstation
--- RPG, Open World, Sci-Fi
A solid "Masterpiece" for this one, 12/10, 6 of 5 Stars. A perfect example of "Don't judge a book by it's cover". An ... ehem ... "nice" looking cover of an Android brought me to play it, but I stayed for the story and the gameplay. It's a mix between Hack'n'Slash, 3rd-Person-Shooter, Top-Down-Shooter, Side-Scrolling Platformer, RPG and whatnot but mostly Hack'n'Slash. The Game mechanics are SOLID to a point where combat and grinding levels doesn't get boring and it delivers a heart warming, interesting story, with a somewhat real sacrifice at the REAL End. Definitely a "You should absolutely try it, if you want something more than a mindless grindfest"! Also just a few key words: Machine lifeforms and A.I. Learning!

Those are some of my pearls. I'll try to keep adding more as I see fit.